Friday, September 09, 2005

A Little Bit Feathersword

One of the most beloved characters in the Wiggles World is Captain Feathersword. But lately, the flamboyant Captain has been the subject of much half-whispered innuendo on the Wiggles bulliten boards and in the chat rooms. It seems that "feather sword" is Aussie slang for... well... there's no easy way to say this, for gay. Like, "Oh, I hear he'a a bit of a feather sword, if you know what I mean." Light in the loafers. Poofter. Like that.

Now, let us be clear here at IAWWW. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Not at all. It doesn't even impact my decision to allow my child to watch the show, thanks to Tivo, virtually on demand all afternoon (I must admit, it took some parental encouragement to get her onto the lads and off of Baby Mozart and that damn Elmo-- I mean, come on Elmo, you're teaching my child, can you learn a frigging pronoun!??)

The good captain was unavailable for comment and did not answer our emails. Apparently he is on holiday in New Zealand with Wags the Dog.

We here at IAWWW still love the captain, and thrill to his antics. Indeed we wish to offer our unconditional support to him as the nasty whispers intensify.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the good captain and tinky winky can hook up....

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fruit salad!

1:21 PM  
Blogger --josh-- said...

Becca: Yummy yummy!

Hydrocodone: I give you credit for being honest among spammers in your screen name. If I do want to buy illegal narcotics, you will be the first guy I call (note to readers: Hydrocodone is the generic name for Vicodin.)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Shanna@QueenoftheCastles said...

Once upon a time, there was a naked picture of teh Captain floating around cyberspace... Hrmmmm..... (he's really ADORABLE in person)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home